Thursday 20 June 2013

In which Demi loves the Good Things in life



Good Things Stay Clear Purifying Cleanser
I don't swap and change my skincare routine, as a general rule. I prefer to play with my make-up, to switch up my style through my lips or eyes. My skin has been the bane of my life since the age of about twelve - uneven skin tone, oily, red patches. It took me years to find a routine that worked (or semi-worked at least), and when I did I clung to it like a dying woman to a raft.


My traditional skin-saver was this cleanser from Boots. It has served me very well over the years I've used it, and I still switch back to occasionally if my skin is particularly bad.


Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash (nearly empty!)

But over the years, my skin has changed, and I realised that my skin as a twenty-one year old was not quite the disaster that it was at the age of twelve. And so I started to carefully look around at possible changes to my routine. Just out of curiosity, of course....

I stumbled across this cleanser on a list of superfood skincare products on a magazine website - Vogue I think. I'd never heard of Good Things, but the surprising low price and the philosophy behind the brand caught my attention, leading me to do a bit of research. Here's the low-down from their website:

'Good Things Skincare has been developed by award-winning beauty writer Alice Hart-Davis. With superfruit beauty boosters in gentle and super-effective formulations, specially designed to make the most of your skin.' (Source)

Yes please! The line of products is designed for young skin, and while my skin may be better than it was, it's still fairly juvenile and likes to play up a lot. So I high-tailed it to Sainsburys and picked up the Good Things Stay Clear Cleanser and the Bright Eyes Eye Cream. Both are loaded with superfruits (Mango and Blueberry/Raspberry and Lychee respectively) and smell fantastic.

The Stay Clear Cleanser is a clear gel, and the packaging recommends massaging it into wet skin for a full minute. As it is missing many of the extra chemicals which help froth up cleansers, it does need this time to get going and lather up. It works absolutely perfectly with my trusty Clarisonic (which, handily, runs for about a minute - perfect for buffing this in!) and makes my skin feel lovely and soft, smell like a handful of blueberries, and feel less tight than my previous cleanser. I follow this up with Simple's Light Moisturiser and the Bright Eyes cream - voilĂ !.

My skin has been better than it has been in a long time since I started using it about two months ago, and I love that the products are missing a lot of the junk ingredients of many other brands. It feels like I'm giving my face a daily detox!

I'm super impressed with the Good Things brand, and I'm looking forward to trying out more of their products when I next see them on the shelves.

Have you tried Good Things? What's your skin saver? xo.

No comments: